Additional Fees
Insurance Quality
Number of Destinations

Update by user Jul 08, 2016

This issue has not been resolved.This company is offering us $204.00 to close the several issues that we had with their company.

We spend over that amount trying to book transportation (that was already paid for) and getting an earlier flight to get the heck out of there.

Its a shame that we did not enjoy such a beautiful place. However, you live and learn.

NEVER USE VACATIONS TO GO!!!

Here are a few email responses

Hello Addison, We do not agree with this consent form and we will continue to post our experience on every media and social outlet possible because we were cheated. Mrs. Shipman also explained to you what happened and i also emailed our vacation planner with the issues we were experiencing after we arrived at the hotel and it fell on deaf ears.

Part of all of our job responsibilies is customer service.When someone is depending on your expertise and you just don't care is unacceptable. Additionally we also do individual traveling with our families and are loyal customers. We would love to have established a relationship of reciprocity, with your company and our Representative. Unfortunately we are left with the impression that we are "problems" that you all would like to make go away.

The only thing that would rectify these issues would be another vacation (compensated by Vacations to go) or a refund for our ground transportation and our hotel accommodations. This will close our issue with you as far as direct communication. Once again, we are very disappointed with our experience with your company. Sincerely, Taneshia On Tue, Jun 28, 2016 at 8:27 PM, Addison Bickell wrote: Ms.

Shipman Vacations To Go is prepared to issue a check to you in the amount of $204.00, but in order to do so, we will need the general release form signed by all parties. Thank you, Addison Bickell Manager, Customer Service Vacations To Go (9 years) abickell@vacationstogo.com My office hours: Sunday 9-8 and Mon-Wed 12pm to 11pm (CST) Off on Thursday, Friday and Saturday US and Canada: 1-800-338-4962 ext. 7342 For toll free numbers from other countries, click here. From: LD Mills Sent: Tuesday, June 28, 2016 6:38 AM To: abickell@vacationstogo.com Subject: Fw: Your Punta Cana vacation I'm not exactly sure if this was sent and received last night.

I noticed part of my email was lost so I added it back in for clarity. On Mon, Jun 27, 2016 at 8:50 PM, LD Mills wrote: Mrs. Bickell, Thank you for your response. I would like to describe to you in detail the experience I had with Jacque.

Part of your account is correct. We initially requested Breathless and based on reviews on your website in reference to cleanliness we saw Excellence. I personally expressed the intent of our group was to have a girls trip to have fun. We all come from different cities with different schedules.

So we chose to obtain airfare that was closer to our departure and that better suited our individual schedules. This is the point at which I believe he lost interest in being an active representative. Jacque only said Excellence is one of our popular resorts. For the type of trip we expressed it's only good business to inform your customer of the type of resort they are considering.

You see there would be no complaint about the hotel had we been given the information before hand and options to consider. I have travelled and always experienced agents that actually cared if their clients had a good time. We as I'm sure each of you look forward to our trips, save and plan. I'm sure you would also be extremely disappointed if you were not afforded important information to allow you to make and informed decision.

The only contact we had from Jacque was to ensure all monies were paid on time. Even once that was done he didn't even bother to send an itinerary. Had I not called and specifically requested to speak with a manager (Clifford) I wouldn't have known, what we were missing. I could tell during my conversation with Clifford that he was trying to piece together details that I should have previously been afforded.

We were not even offered Transportation which prompted the call for clarification a to exactly what was included in our payment. Even my husband, who was not going on the the trip but was privy to my conversations noticed the difficulty I was having. I say this to let you know that part of my job responsibly is customer service. When someone is depending on your expertise and you just don't care it's unacceptable.

We would love to have established a relationship of reciprocity, with your company and our Representative.Unfortunately we are left with the impression that we are "problems" that you all would like to make go away.

Original review posted by user Jun 05, 2016

Worst company ever.. POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE. TRAVEL AGENTS ARE NOT KNOWLEDGEABLE AND CARING ABOUT THE CUSTOMERS.

Here is a snap shot of an email i sent..

Hello Mr. Barnes,

Thank you for your prompt response.

This was a special trip because we were celebrating a promotion, we were mourning a death, we have all been going through life struggles and we really needed a getaway.

Lets get all of this straight.

1. CHAUNCEY AND LYNEETA were not on the manifest for ground transportation. They were in the airport for over 2 hours.

2. Our rooms always had twin beds. The rooms smelled like sewage, the electricity did not work.

3. Yes , we were moved.

4. We never said this wasn't a nice hotel.

5. We never denied ground transportation. We opted out of the flights because we were coming from different states and cities. We also denied the insurance.

Our problem was our requests were not granted. We were sent to a couples resort. Adult only resorts does not mean couples only.

We also understand that the price was at wholesale. However, that does not excuse the poor customer service and the knowledge of the travel agent.

Mr. Barnes, we travel together twice a year and we have never experienced these problems.. EVER!

So please Mr. Barnes , do not insult our intellegence. We are all professional women and educated. We also have traveled before except we've never been to the Dominican Republic and used vacations to go.

However, we will never use vacations to go again and we will post comments on every website possible and we will also make a video.

Once again, Excellence Punta Cana is not at fault. It was the lack of knowledge and concern of the travel agent. JACQUES IS NOT TELLING THE TRUTH and we also expressed our concerns before we actually left the states. We dealt with Clifford and thats the only reason why we were offered transportation.

We are very disappointed to say the least. We will also make a complaint to the better business Bureau and request an investigation.

Sincerely,

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss not as described of vacations to go vacation package. Vacations To Go needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned vacations to go vacation package in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Vacations To Go.

Had an Experience with Vacations To Go?

Comments

vtgcs
Vacations To Go Verified Representative

Hi, my name is Kimberly Aven, and I'm the Senior Director of Customer Communication at Vacations To Go.I am very sorry to hear you are disappointed with your resort stay.

The Excellence Punta Cana is an adults-only resort, and not a couples-only property. This description comes directly from the resort itself.

I apologize for any errors that might have been made in regard to your airport transfers, and I understand someone from our office is currently looking into that matter and will be in touch with you shortly.We sincerely appreciate your business and hope that a satisfactory resolution will be met.