2.1K views
2.6

A word to the wise before booking with Vacationstogo.

I have used Vacationstogo for over 10 years on the whole they're reliable.

The one word of caution is do not book prior to 60 days before your cruise. Prices usually drop substantially and they don't protect you if you've booked early. We booked with them and the price dropped 50% and we could've had a better cabin. Their chairman Fox stated that just like the airlines they don't adjust prices(forgetting that on airlines the cheapest seats go to those who book first.).

Long way of saying their service is ok as long as you don't book too early.

They don't fight for their customers.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Comments

VacationsToGo_Cust_Svc
Austin, Texas, United States #907330
Vacations To Go Verified Representative

My name is Sorrell Warren and I am the Vice President of Customer Service at Vacations To Go.First I thank you for choosing Vacations To go for the past ten years to help with your travel plans.

Vacations To Go has consistently delivered a high level of service to our clients for years and hopefully we have provided that to you.

Cruise lines set prices and Vacations To Go has no control over those prices or their firm policies on price reductions. We will help our clients choose a cruise or book a cruise they have chosen at the best available rate on the day they purchase. We often have negotiated the best available rates in the industry. Once purchased, we will work with the cruise line on your behalf but travel agencies are not able to persuade cruise lines to change their prices or policies.

The policy you describe of not reducing a price on a previously purchased cruise is standard throughout the cruise industry. A few lines have some early booking promotions that allow for price reductions should they occur but generally lower rates introduced are for new bookings only.

All cruise prices are based on availability and do rise or fall at various times. While I understand your willingness to wait until 60 days before the cruise please understand that the price does not always drop. There are many times when the price gets higher in the last 60 days because there are not many cabins available.

There are also times when a cruise may sell out in the last 60 days.

Unfortunately, there is no method to know the ideal time to buy a cruise to get the lowest rate possible. I invite you to continue to monitor our website for your next cruise.

You may also contact our travel counselors who can give you some guidance based on the cruise line, the itinerary and the time of the year you are looking to travel.This guidance will be based on historical patterns but is no guarantee that any rate may not rise or fall at a later date.

Again, thank you for booking with Vacations To Go and I hope you enjoy your upcoming cruise.