In February 2008, I booked and paid for three cabins on a Holland America cruise Line with Vacations to Go (VTG) a year in advance.
Months later, VTG tells me that Holland America chartered the ship out and just credits our money back. We received a "too bad, so sorry...apology" and no other restitution. No useable credits from VTG or Holland America. Very poor customer service response for something that they could have prevented.
I have already paid for our airline tickets and will only be able to change our airline itinerary for a $100 fee per ticket.
I recently found out that Holland America chartered the ship MONTHS before I even booked my cruise with VTG - poor communication and updating on both Holland America and VTG parts.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "What they say if its to good to be true! paid 400.00 dollars; no Hawaii all inclusive package with additional 250.00 and 200.00 dollars booking fee and peak season..."
- "Booked and paid for two children's tickets - age category five to sixteen - for my six-and-eleven-year-olds, on company's website, only to find out children up to the age of..."
- "Today i purchased a roundtrip ticket out of the country. The total charge said 505.40 when i clicked booked it and confirmed, my flight was confirmed for 934.40. This is..."
- "I am contacting you regarding an accident that took place on May 5, 2013. I was stopped in bumper to bumper traffic on I-95 North near exit 43 around..."
- "Where do I start? Well for starters… my name is Thai! T-H-A-I … like the "Thai" in "Thailand". But according to the creators my name is "Thal" w/ a L. The..."
- "I have gone back and fourth with the onsite management at The Novella New Haven as well as the management company RMS Companies located in Stamford. Of course, everyone is..."
- "I was a blogger on the site for 10 years and my blog was the most popular blog on the site for many of those years. Recently my account..."
- "On September 17, 2016 I was scheduled to catch a Megabus from Durham, NC to Washington, DC to board a train to Chicago. The bus was due to arrive in..."
- "I purchased an $800, 3pc sectional, in April '15, from CYMAX and a year and some months later, all 4 of the seat cushions have lumps in them from what..."